Friday, June 3, 2011

Create, explore, dream....Polyvore

With pinterest gradually taking over my life, I have been spending a LOT of time browsing everyones image collections.  Whilst browsing for outfit inspiration I "accidentally" stumbled upon.......
It was fate.....pinterest was meant to lead me to this magical site.
Polyvore describes itself as
 the leading community site for online style where users are empowered to discover their style and set trends.
It is like window shopping in 3d!
Just browse through the images.
Select ones that appeal to you and drag them to create your own set.
Here is my first one!
Lavender and Lime.
Can you tell I LOVE colour!

Like pinterest you can also follow the "sets" of friends and celebrities.
OR
I just selected items similar to the ones I have in my wardrobe, added a few things similar to those I would like to purchase and there in one picture I could see what would go with what!!!
Great for packing for our upcoming holiday!
Here it is.....

Or for inspiration on new ways to "reuse" items you already have!
I have a cardigan (still with the tag on!) in this colour!
I thought it was Bleh!
But seeing it here dressed up with that gorgeous aqua has inspired me to get it out!
When I think pink in winter, I would have gone for a pink cardigan.
But this pink top under a white cardigan is gorgeous!
and means I could wear that gorgeous coloured top in summer too!

I am not "buying" items...
although some are sooo cheap 
most are not available in Australia it is simply
inspiration, ideas, imaginings.

You can also add your own images from your favourite stores or websites!
The possibilities are once again endless!
Oh and did I mention once you have created your set, you can click one button and share it on "Blogger"!!!!

What do you think?
Have you checked out "Polyvore"?

I would love for you to link up and share your own favourite polyvore creations..
Remember they don't have to be realistic....just dream.....


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment