Monday, March 14, 2011

To market, to market to buy a.....

To market, to market,  to buy a new diary!!
I was so sure that "Mathilda's Markets" were on Sunday and realised in the nick of time that it was on Saturday!!!  I hadn't put it in my diary and was relying on my memory...oh so silly!
So.....Master O had to come along with me after his swimming lessons.
It was a long drive for us but made easier but the huge range of parking available that was free!
Entry was also free, but then we came across our first hurdle.
Only one place making coffee!
We lined up with the masses but it took us 20 minutes to get a coffee and hot chocolate.
Now Master O's time limit had almost expired and we hadn't even shopped yet!
Bad Mummy decision!  Note to self, take your own coffee next time!!
The hot choc cheered him up, luckily, because the markets were rich with new treasures!


A new find...
Simply breath taking children's linen.  Crisp and classy fabrics teamed with elegant and simple designs...
Will definitely be looking them up for our next bedroom transformation!


Naturally, I stopped by one of my market fave's "tilly & otto"
I had admired this gorgeous new design in their girls skirt collection earlier in the week..


and then I bought this top at 
Market night


a match made in polka dot heaven.
The lovely Kavala is going to custom make the skirt with a white background lotus print!
Just in time for Easter!

another newby for me....

it was these shabby chic bird cages that grabbed my attention..
but I couldn't leave without buying a gorgeous fabric covered necklace for...
 me!!!
A pretty pink and green floral creation.

The teepees at Milk Bottles had one little man giddy with excitement!
and they would match our decor....hmmmm

I have been meaning to visit Crazy Kids Shoes and finally got a chance to at yesterday's market,
Master O was instantly drawn to their pinwheels which gave me a chance to browse!

not only were the shoes gorgeous, but exceptional quality AND affordable!
I am afraid my little ballerina is not so dainty with her shoes and so far we have lots of shoes but they have all been trashed!
A great range for both boys and girls and Lynley was just lovely and extremely helpful!!

BUT....My find of the day was





Sooooo many gorgeous bags I just couldn't choose!
Oh I have been dreaming of these bags...and her hair accessories and cushions...
I have subtly passed on her business card to hubby in hope
that I just might, receive one of these delightful bags for my birthday!

Ok so I had to wait 20 minutes to get a cup of coffee, 25 minutes with Master O to get his face painted, drive across town 45 minutes just to get there but discovering these gorgeous market items was
worth every minute!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wish I could of seen you there to say hi. I stopped by to introduce myself to Kavala and thank her for Amelie's beautiful 'josie' skirt. I agree the markets were fabulous - spent way too much money but have some gorgous outfits for my littel miss A.

    ReplyDelete