Friday, February 4, 2011

Fashion Finds Friday - The Pillowcase Dress


Whilst admiring the fabric in the Twomonkeys Fabric Shop, I was dreaming of a gorgeous "Pillowcase Dress" for little Miss A.  
Traditionally this style of dress is made from a pillowcase!  
There are some delightful vintage style pillowcases around but any gorgeous fabric will suit this versatile style of dress.  A classic beauty, the pillowcase dress, consists of  a straight A-line cut gathered at the top with a gorgeous ribbon or fabric bow.  It is so easy to make BUT even easier to buy!  
So here are this Friday's Fabulous Fashion Finds!!!



My One Brown Mouse - $33 Strawberry Girl Pillowcase Dress
Oh My Strawberry Goodness!



Miff Designs - $32 Pillowcase Dress
A girly Japanese inspired design



Naturaly I love anything with a little birdie on it!



Wouldn't this be lovely for Christmas!  Check out the sweet little gingerbread men!



Sugar Spice and All Things Nice $39
Love the grown up, bold damask and retro fabrics!



Missy Melly
$35
Love the pink and red colour palette!


All of these beautiful dresses are available in Australia.


BUT
( I hope you are sitting down and have a tissue ready for your drool)
I am dreaming of.....

Charming Necessities








Delightful, Delicious, Divine

I know it's not a pillowcase dress but how dreamy are these vintage sunsuits!



But yes I am only dreaming as this U.S based company doesn't ship Internationally!!!

Although the weather is perfect for these cool dresses now, throw on a long sleeved shirt and leggings underneath and it will make the seasonal wardrobe transition a breeze!
Now I'm off to con some of my American friends to ship these for me!


1 comment: