Saturday, April 16, 2011

I'm grateful for......Happiness


It's School Holidays!!!  
My term weary body has already gone into chill out mode and we have had the most beautifully relaxing rainy day!  
My mind has escaped from the classroom and is now reflecting on the last week.
So today I am grateful for.... happiness.
I have been completing Seven Cherubs Happiness Project in which each day you write a one sentence reflection of what has made you happy so....

Monday
Happiness is....trying something new and capturing it on camera. 
Pictures here
(Master O tried our first radish from the garden and the look on his face is priceless)

Tuesday
Happiness is...watching Master O be mesmerised by his Kindy Teacher as she reads a story, he can sit and listen so intently to her every word. 
(If only he would do that for his Mother!)

Wednesday
Happiness is...little hands pulling on my jeans as she potters around following me as I do the housework.

Thursday
Happiness is...hilarious five year old comments in the classroom that place the teacher in such hysterics she has to leave the room and then looking at their faces and realising they have no idea what is soooo funny! 

Here is the funny comment.....
Teacher: This afternoon someone special will be "hopping" into the classroom to leave something special for your easter baskets.
Student: I think it's a man!
Teacher: No it's not a man. It is someone very large, white and fluffy
Student: (With a very straight face) Is it Lady Gaga?
I kid you not...out of the mouths of babes...

Friday
Happiness is...not rushing off to work, staying in my pyjamas and creating lego cities. (although sometimes I do this at work too, create lego cities that is!)

Happiness is...laughing, learning, simple moments, little hands and time with my little ones.

What has made you happy this week?
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Rocking my baby to sleep (eventhough all the books say this is "accidental parenting")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady Gaga! Hilarious, I'm happy this week because of a packet of broken pasta, and learning to get over myself when in a bad mood!

    Gill xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a crack up! Lady Gaga!! Thanks for the laugh, love.

    And the happiness. The Happiness Project is like a month long Grateful... it can only do good. x

    ReplyDelete